TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
1 cup butter, softened
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, and green and red M&M’s minis
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
2 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
Red and/or green food coloring
Miniature milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Shape dough into forty-eight 1-in. balls, forty-eight 3/4-in. balls and forty-eight 1/2-in. balls. On ungreased baking sheets, place one ball of each size, side by side, for each snowman.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven; cool on pans 2 minutes. Press on chocolate chips for eyes and M&M’s for buttons. Carefully remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar, extract and enough milk to reach a piping consistency. If two colors of frosting are desired, transfer half of the frosting to another bowl and tint with a different food coloring.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; fill with frosting. Pipe scarves on snowmen. Use frosting to attach chocolate kisses for hats.
Melted Snowman Sugar Cookies
Prep Time 45 min
Total Time 1 Hr 45 Min
1 pouch Betty Crocker™ Sugar Cookie Mix
1 pouch each Betty Crocker™ Cookie Icing in white, red, blue, and green
1 tube Betty Crocker™ black Decorating Gel
1 pouch Betty Crocker™ Candy Shop decors rainbow chips
1 bottle Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Sprinkles
- Follow baking directions on sugar cookie pouch, dividing dough evenly into 12 round cookies.
- On cooled cookies, draw a “snow puddle” with Betty Crocker™
- White Cookie Icing. TIP: Draw the outline of the puddle, then go back and fill in the shape.
- While the icing is still wet, immediately place a marshmallow to one side of the cookie.
- MAKE THE ARMS: Once the icing and marshmallow have set, pipe two “branches” onto each cookie using black gel. Add fingers with chocolate sprinkles.
- MAKE THE FACE: Using a small dot of white cookie icing, stick two “coal” eyes and a nose onto the marshmallow with
- Rainbow Chips. Pipe a small dot for the mouth with black gel.
- MAKE THE SCARF AND BUTTONS: Using blue, red, or green cookie icing; carefully draw scarves around the base of the marshmallow. Using a small dot of white cookie icing, stick three “coal” buttons beneath the scarf with Rainbow Chips.
- Allow cookies to set for at least one hour before serving.