Santa Hat Brownies
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) Nestle Dark Choc Melts, plus 1/2 cup (75g) extra
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (140g) Nestle Mini Choc Bits
- 16 strawberries, hulled and trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125mL) thickened cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease and line base and sides of a 19 cm square cake pan.
- Combine butter, Nestle Dark Melts and sugar in large microwave safe bowl; microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth; cool 2-5 mins.
- Stir in eggs, then flour and then Nestle Mini Choc Bits. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, smooth top. Bake 25 minutes, or until mixture is just firm to touch. Cool in pan. Turn out and use a 4cm round cutter to cut 16 rounds.
- Place extra Nestle Dark Melts in a microwave safe bowl; microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir.
- Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted. Drop a little melted chocolate on the cut-side of each strawberry and adhere to brownie round.
- Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle, pipe cream on strawberries to mate Santa hat pom poms and trimming.