- I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!
- From a commercial point of view, if Christmas did not exist it would be necessary to invent it.
- The earth has grown old with its burden of care But at Christmas it always is young, The heart of the jewel burns lustrous and fair And its soul full of music breaks the air, When the song of angels is sung.”
- Christmas, in its final essence, is for grown people who have forgotten what children know. Christmas is for whoever is old enough to have denied the unquenchable spirit of man.”
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.”
- “The reality of loving God is loving him like he’s a Superhero who actually saved you from stuff rather than a Santa Claus who merely gave you some stuff.”
- “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.”
- “The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood”
- “Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox; that the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.”
- A Christmas candle is a lovely thing;
It makes no noise at all,
But softly gives itself away.