- Recipe for Christmas All Year LongTake a heap of child-like wonder
That opens up our eyes
To the unexpected gifts in life—
Each day a sweet surprise.Mix in fond appreciation
For the people whom we know;
Like festive Christmas candles,
Each one has a special glow.
Add some giggles and some laughter,
A dash of Christmas food,
(Amazing how a piece of pie
Improves our attitude!)
Stir it all with human kindness;
Wrap it up in love and peace,
Decorate with optimism, and
Our joy will never cease.
If we use this healthy recipe,
We know we will remember
To be in the Christmas spirit,
Even when it’s not December.
By Joanna Fuchs
Read source at : http://www.poemsource.com/Christmas-poems.html
- First Christmas Without YouThe nights are long and cold, the sun is hardly around.
Christmas time is approaching, and snow will soon cover the ground.
Trees and lights are twinkling, stockings are being hung.
The Christmas spirit is all around, as carols are being sung.
This year Christmas is not the same, just a yearly memory.
This house is not a home anymore, because you are not here with me.
There will be sadness; there will be tears when we wake up on Christmas day,
For this will be the first without you, oh how I wish heaven was just a mile away.
As we sit around the Christmas tree, emotions will be sad,
Gifts for them, gifts for me, but none of them will say DAD.
All I want for Christmas is to see your smiling face,
I know it cannot happen because you are in a better place.
Please…DAD ring a bell for me on Christmas day,
So I will know you got your wings and that you are ok.
I am not looking forward to Christmas, but I know it’s something I have to live through.
I hope there is Christmas in heaven, because it is not the same here without you.
By Jamie Cirello
Read source at : http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/first-christmas-without-you
- When He DiedLights are flashing, people are dashing,
it’s so cold out it would kill a snowman,
Cash register’s ringing, Caroler’s singing,
and a man digs through a trash can.Everyone’s shopping, nobody’s stopping,
as he holds out the paper cup he’s found,
With holiday cheer, filling the air,
he begs from his seat on the cold ground.
Music is playing, everyone’s saying,
Merry Christmas and oh yes Happy New Year,
Yet all step around, the man on the ground,
pretending there’s no one to see there.
Hungry and cold, broken and old,
With a beard and all dirty they think he’s strange,
Their filled with detest, by his simple request,
can you please help me out with some spear change.
No one would dare, to venture near,
the old man with change to be given,
All stepped aside, as he walked with no pride,
to the alley with the box that he lives in.
On the way there, he happened hear,
these words from the mouth of a small child,
Look! Santa Claus!, which made him pause,
then he turned and he winked and he smiled.
His eyes twinkled bright, on that cold winters night,
when he climbed in his box from the storm,
As he laid down his head, on his newspaper bed,
the words of that child kept him warm.
And the very next day, when they brushed away,
the snow from the box where he lied,
They all thought it strange, he’d have cup fill of change,
and a smile on his face when he died.
Read source at : http://christmas.fundootimes.com/poems/family-poems.html
- MOM / DAD DESERVE THE BESTmy christmas message
wrapped with love and happiness
saying thank you mom / dad
for your support the whole year through
now relax, you deserve the best
By Unknown Author
Read source at : http://www.christmas-new-year-wishes.com/christmas-family-poems-greeting-quotes-message-holidays-card.html
That love weighs more than gold!
By Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon
Read source at : http://www.quotegarden.com/christmas.html
- NativityImmensity cloistered in thy dear womb,
Now leaves His well-belov’d imprisonment,
There He hath made Himself to His intent
Weak enough, now into the world to come;
But O, for thee, for Him, hath the inn no room?
Yet lay Him in this stall, and from the Orient,
Stars and wise men will travel to prevent
The effect of Herod’s jealous general doom.
Seest thou, my soul, with thy faith’s eyes, how He
Which fills all place, yet none holds Him, doth lie?
Was not His pity towards thee wondrous high,
That would have need to be pitied by thee?
Kiss Him, and with Him into Egypt go,
With His kind mother, who partakes thy woe.By John Donne
Read source at : https://familychristmasonline.com/poems/donne/nativity.htm
- Christmas Now And ThenWell it is December and Christmas is almost here, another happy Christmas for family and good cheer. There will be tables loaded with turkeys, hams and sweets; we know there will be more than we could ever eat. There will be a big tree shining so bright with beautiful decorations and pretty shiny lights under that tree there will be present galore. So many you would wonder how there could be anything left in the store. Christmas now is really so much fun but gosh there is just too much for everyone, my thoughts go back to a cold Christmas long ago to a family not blessed with riches and gold. Our little tree was kind of skimpy, with some ribbons and a few shiny balls but to us it stood magnificent, the greatest of them all under that tree was a present for Raye, a present for Sister and a present for me and we could hardly wait as we would open them with glee. There was not a lot of fancy food on that table, times were kind of tough but we were all happy and for us it was enough. We were so thankful as we thanked the Lord above, we knew what we had was paid for with Daddy’s hard work and Mamas love. I’m thankful that we now have so much and our blessings are many and it is good to live in this great land of plenty. But I would gladly give every material thing that I own to have one more Christmas with Mama and Daddy and my two sisters at home.
By Shutterstock/Alena Ozerova
Read source at : http://www.latintimes.com/christmas-poems-family-4-festive-rhymes-both-kids-and-adults-282923