Colorful Christmas Tree Salad
Potato Salad 3-4 potatoes’ worth
Broccoli 2 heads
Kabocha squash 1/8
Cherry tomatoes 5 – 6
Powdered cheese For garnish
- Separate the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Slice the broccoli stalks, removing the fibrous edges and cutting out into shapes. Boil all the broccoli pieces.
- Peel the carrots and kabocha squash and cut out into shapes. Boil everything, including all the leftover pieces.
- Mince the leftover boiled bits of vegetables and mix with salad dressing (salad dressing is optional). Slice the tops of the tomatoes so they won’t roll off the plate.
- Transfer the potato salad on a dish and form into a cone. (Reserve some for the toppings). Starting from the bottom, stick the broccoli into the potato salad, being careful to secure it.
- Stick the marinated vegetables between the pieces of broccoli.
- Pay attention to the colors as you decorate the salad to look like a Christmas tree.
- Roll the leftover potato salad into balls and place around the dish along with the cut-out vegetables, tomatoes, and remaining marinated vegetable pieces. Scatter powdered cheese “snow” on the tree and it’s done.