Santa Hat Party Mix
Bugles ( I used Caramel Bugles, as they were slightly sturdier)
Red Melting disks
White sprinkles (I used nonpareils)
3 cups mini pretzels
½ cup craisins
1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
2 cups Rice Chex
2 cups holiday colored M&M’s
8 oz. white chocolate for melting
Return to baking sheet to allow to dry.
When chocolate is set, sprinkle M&M’s and Bugle Santa Hats over the mix.
Transfer to big bowl to serve.
- Melt the candy melts, along with a tablespoon of shortening (to help thin the melted candy), in 30 second intervals on half power in your microwave until melted.
- Immediately start dipping.
- Let them set up for 10 minutes or so on parchment or wax paper.
- When they are set, remelt the red candy disk (if necessary) and dip just the bottoms (the large part of the Bugle) into the white sprinkles.
- Then flip it over and dip the top in the melted candy and press a mini marshmallow on top.
- Let dry on wax paper.
- Spread all your ingredients, EXCEPT M&M’s, out on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt your white chocolate according to package directions and drizzle over the pretzel mix.
- Transfer into a large bowl and coat mix with chocolate.
Clear treat bags
Card stock, cut to treat bag width
Stamps or printed design
Whoppers chocolate malt candies
- Fill treat bags with several Whoppers candies for reindeer noses and one red gumball to represent Rudolph’s nose.
- Print, stamp or emboss your cardstock to create a treat bag topper that reads, “Reindeer Noses.”
- Fold down the treat bag, fold the cardstock in half horizontally and staple to the top of the treat bag to secure and start spreading the jolly with these cute holiday classroom treats!