- Christmas is the gentlest, loveliest festival of the revolving year — and yet, for all that, when it speaks, its voice has strong authority.
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!
- Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.
- Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.
- “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring
Is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.”
- “Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.”
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.”
- “Christmas was all about God’s gift to man, and His peace, as well as ours.”
- The holy magic that filled that lonely stable so long ago still fills the air of Christmas today.