TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
4 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
3 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
5 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups Pancake mix (above)
1 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine mix ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups (4 batches of pancakes).
- To make pancakes: Beat eggs in a small bowl. Gradually beat in oil. Add mix alternately with water; mix well. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle on medium-low heat; turn after 2 minutes. Cook until second side is browned. Yield: 10 pancakes per batch.
Hot Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup of Oil
- ½ Cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty the cake mix into a mixing bowl and add the eggs and oil.
- Stir (or mix with a mixer) until blended.
- Add the mini chocolate chips.
- Using two small spoons, measure out and shape each cookie into a small ball and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Add three mini marshmallows to the top of each cookie, pushing them lightly into the raw dough.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Be careful not to overcook and burn the cookie!
- Remove and allow to cool for a minute until removing the cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in an air-tight container; separate cookie layers with wax paper to avoid sticking.
To Package For a Gift
- Pour the cake mix into a clean and dry wide-mouth canning jar, gently packing the mix down.
- Next, add the mini chocolate chips in an even layer on top of the cake mix.
- Pack the mini marshmallows into a snack-sized ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible before sealing the bag.
- Fold the bag and add it to the jar.
- Seal with the lid.