- What is the chemical name for snow?
The chemical formula for snow is H2O. It is the same chemical formula as water, as snow is made up of one or a series of crystals of ice.
- To what country did Hong Kong surrender on Christmas Day, 1941?
- What alcoholic beverage is used in the English Christmas game called ‘Snapdragon’?
- What Christmas item takes its name from the old French word estincelle, meaning spark?
- In ‘The Twelve Days Of Christmas’, what were there eight of?
- What are you eating if you are enjoying ‘March Bread’?
- Who discovered Christmas Island?
- Name the family that appears in the National Lampoons films?
- Who had a Christmas number one UK hit single with “Two Little Boys” in 1969?
- To which main city in Judaea did the Wise Men first go to ask where they might find Jesus?
- Which Christmas tradition, said to have originated in Germany, was banned in the Soviet Union until 1935 ?
- Plus or minus 2 years, when did the ‘Etch-A-Sketch’ first appear under the Christmas tree ?
- What is the other name for the Holly plant ? 4 letters
- Which Christmas tradition probably stems from a Engelbert Humperdinck opera ? ( not the ‘please release me’ Engelbert)
The witches house made of gingerbread covered in sweets and icing. (From the opera ‘Hansel and Gretel’)
- Which important spice found in many a Christmas dish or drink stems originally from the Moloken spice islands ? It may help after you have eaten too many sweets !!