- “Somehow not only for Christmas, but all the long year through,
the joy that you give to others is the joy that comes back to you.”
- “Have you any old grudges you would like to pay,
Any wrongs laid up from a bygone day?
Gather them now and lay them away
When Christmas comes.
Hard thoughts are heavy to carry, my friend,
And life is short from beginning to end;
Be kind to yourself, leave nothing to mend
When Christmas comes.”
- “Best of all, Christmas means a spirit of love, a time when
the love of God and the love of our fellow men should prevail
over all hatred and bitterness, a time when our thoughts and
deeds and the spirit of our lives manifest the presence of God.”
- “Do give books – religious or otherwise – for Christmas.
They’re never fattening, seldom sinful and permanently personal.”
- May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter & goodwill. And may the year ahead be full of contentment & joy. Have a Merry Christmas.
- A good conscience is a continual Christmas.
- Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly Merry Christmas.
- That’s the true spirit of Christmas: people being helped by people other than me.
- I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
- “Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself…”