Family gift baskets are perfect for the holiday season, or even on those rare “just because” occasions. Not only does it make your shopping easier, but doing group gifts like this can make it cheaper for you too!
Are you looking for a single gift that will make everyone happy? Here are some great family gift ideas!
Game Night Gift Basket
A game night is an easy and popular idea for family night activities. For a game night gift basket, consider including:
- One or two inexpensive board games for multiple players
- Homemade scorecards personalized with family members’ names
- Deck of cards or family card games
- Snack mix, candy, or cookies to share while playing
- Book of magic tricks
Choose games that can be played repeatedly or that have different sets of rules so they can be enjoyed again and again, giving a family many fun game nights to enjoy.
Family Outdoor Adventure Gift Basket
Spending time outdoors not only brings families closer together, but also builds healthy exercise habits and an appreciation for nature. Consider:
- Small pair(s) of binoculars
- Bird, tree, insect, or mammal field guide
- Butterfly net or insect jar
- Bottled water
- Trail mix
- Bug spray
- Map of local and regional trails
If your family or the family you are planning the gift basket for has specific outdoor interests such as hiking, biking, birding, skiing, kayaking, or stargazing, you can add specific gifts to the basket to coordinate with those interests.
Family Scrapbooking Gift Basket
Scrapbooking is a great way to preserve family memories, and it can be a fun family night project to create a themed scrapbook.
- Scrapbook album
- Scrapbooking is a fun family craft.
- Specialized scrapbooking papers
- Stickers, ribbons, and other accents
- Specialty shapes scissors
- Ruler or tape measure
- Photo corners for picture mounting
- Colored pencils or markers
- Scrapbooking how-to book
- Glue sticks
This is a great gift basket idea for a family that has recently done something unique, such as welcoming a new family member, taking a vacation, or celebrating a special event.
Some tips for decorating a christmas gifts basket for family :
No matter what theme you plan for a family night gift basket…
- Choose gifts and items suitable for all ages
- Allow for some variety or choice in how the family uses the gift basket
- Decorate the basket with ribbon, tissue paper, miniature balloons, or other festive accents