To decorate your christmas cookies follow these tips and instructions :
Need quick and easy ideas for decorating Christmas cookies?
- Take one cutout cookie recipe,
- add three glazes,
- icings or frostings and
- try these six simple decorating techniques to create holiday cookies that will come together in no time!
- Instead of baking several varieties of mouth-watering morsels, make just one kind of cutout cookie. Then add a little finesse with frosting! You can make a Vanilla Butter Cutouts..
Vanilla Butter Cutouts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
1-1/2 cups butter, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with lightly floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired
- And then Spread Confectioners’ Sugar Glaze over cookies; let dry.(Glazing and Decorating)
Prepare Rich Buttercream Frosting. Combine 1 cup frosting and 1-1/2 teaspoons water; stir until smooth. Place in a pastry bag or resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe desired designs onto cookies. Immediately sprinkle with colored sugar. Gently shake off excess sugar. Let dry.
Here we have the recipe of making rich buttercream frosting..
Rich Buttercream Frosting
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min
1 cup butter, softened
8 cups confectioners’ sugar
6 tablespoons 2% milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Food coloring, optional
In a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth (frosting will be thick). If desired, tint with food coloring.
Spread Rich Buttercream Frosting over cookies. Place stencil over cookies; sprinkle colored sugar over cutout area. Carefully lift off stencil.
Spread Confectioners’ Sugar Glaze over cookies; let dry. For each desired color, stir 1/2 teaspoon water into 1/4 cup glaze until smooth; tint with food coloring. Tightly crumble a 12-inch square piece of waxed paper into a ball; lightly dip into colored glaze. Press onto cookies; repeat until desired pattern is achieved. Let dry completely.
You can also follow the drizzling and dipping to decorate the cookies…