- Who told Mary and Joseph to go to Bethlehem?
Caesar Augustus. He ordered the people to go back to the city of their forefathers. Joseph’s family was from Bethlehem.
- What does Jesus’ other name, “Emmanuel”, mean?
God with us
- With what did Mary wrap newborn Jesus?
- What was the shepherds’ initial reaction to the angel who visited them?
They were afraid
- According to the Bible, how did Mary and Joseph get to Bethlehem?
Although the modern “pictures” in my Children’s Bible show Mary on a donkey with Joseph beside her, the Bible doesn’t say!
- What baby was born to a relative of Mary’s, about six months before the birth of Jesus?
John the Baptist, who was to announce Christ’s coming, was born to Zacharias and Elizabeth (likely Mary’s cousin) six months before Jesus was born
- When the shepherds went looking for Jesus, what was the sign they were to look for?
A baby, wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
- What are the three gifts which are mentioned being given by the wise men?
Gold, frankincense and myrrh.
- What is the name of the priest who was told he would not die until he saw the Savior?
- What sign were the shepherds supposed to look for when looking for Jesus?
A baby lying in a manger wrapped in swaddling clothes
- Bethlehem is also known as the city of who?
- Mary and Elizabeth are often thought to be related in what way?
As cousins (Luke 1:36). The KJV translates the Greek word syngenis as “cousin.” However, the word literally means “relative” and is translated as such in most modern English Bibles.
- What were the gifts the wise men brought to Jesus?
Gold– thought to symbolize Jesus’ royalty