- Who is the main enemy in The Nutcracker?
In Tchaikovsky’s ballet The Nutcracker, the nutcracker’s main enemy is: a. A girl named Clara.
- What is the story behind The Birthplace of Jesus?
It was prophesied in Micah 5:2 that Bethlehem would be the birthplace of the future King of the Jews. Indeed, this small Judean city near Jerusalem became the site of the Nativity. Bethlehem, which means “house of bread,” was also the home of David, one of God’s favorite kings.
- What does Jesus’ other name, “Emmanuel”, mean?
God with us
- When Joseph first dicovered that Mary was pregnant, he:
No longer wished to marry her
- Why did Joseph and Mary go to the city of David?
To pay taxes
- What baby was born to a relative of Mary’s, about six months before the birth of Jesus?
John the Baptist, who was to announce Christ’s coming, was born to Zacharias and Elizabeth (likely Mary’s cousin) six months before Jesus was born
- What Old Testament prophet predicted the miraculous virgin birth of Christ?
The prophet announcing the virgin birth, 700 years before the time of Christ, was Isaiah, in Isa. 7:14, a prophecy Matthew’s Gospel says was fulfilled by the birth of Jesus
- Which two of the four Gospels make no mention of the birth of Christ?
For answers to a Christmas Bible Quiz like this, you would need to go to Matthew and Luke. Mark’s and John’s Gospels say nothing of the events of Christ’s birth.
- How many angels spoke to the shepherds?
Only one angel spoke directly to the shepherds.
- What did the angels say/sing?
“Glory to God in the highest, etc.”